Saturday, October 06, 2012

Going for a rest, and watching for a lost soul









Yes it's true that Herself and I went away to Banff for three days this week, but it is also true that that time away was more of a conference time, rather than an opportunity for my soul to catch up with me.  So after getting home late Wednesday and working on full speed a minute after we pulled up, it's probably fair to say that I've lost my soul somewhere along the way.

:)

I can put a happy face there simply because of the fact that our yearly holiday begins next week. Tomorrow is a great, full Sunday, Thanksgiving, Communion, Child dedication, and then after that, we will engage with our vacation time, and that is smile worthy.

Rest is a word Lauralea has been exploring lately, and I need to take a lesson or two. Rest is an often misunderstood word and we may think its about sleep or not working or a few other things. But I need to play again and sleep again and pray again and be with people I love and miss again and again. So if that is rest, then that's where I am headed.

This past year has been considerably intense and my work has grown, possibly to the detriment of some of the more important things that I need to be doing. I'll also be taking some time for reflection and review of the things I do and what I need to leave behind, so that I can do the important things.

But before I get too busy planning an intense holiday, I'd better just get on with it.


My goal is that my soul looks as refreshing and inviting as that picture of the houseboat on the river.
Looks right restful.


2 comments:



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.