Thursday, February 21, 2013

As news goes, it isn't great


Tonight I'm tired and feeling on the edge of it all.

The week feels like it's been one bad piece of news after another and the people I care for are riding roller coasters of emotion, as Ron Burgundy might say. So by tonight, I'm feeling it.

Then last night I heard the news that a friend is sick. Sick as in there is nothing they can do for him, so go home and wrap things up. Go home and say what you need to say to the people you love. Go home and if you're a praying man, pray. But its done.

I called him today to check up on him and he's doing as well as one could expect, maybe even a bit better. We talked and shared a while, and as we said bye I realized how angry I was.

I've known people, family even, and others who I've walked with when they get that news. I started counting the people I've known and walked with through these valleys, and it's too many.  But this time I'm just angry about it, and sad and confused and, frustrated.

To be expected I suppose, but it doesn't make it better.
The only thing that would make this better, is 20 more years to hang out together and talk together, and be able to call him up.

It looks like that isn't going to happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.