Monday, August 24, 2020

Another Day in Paradise


The skies seem to be on fire tonight as a storm passes over and the sun sets beneath the clouds. Quite a stunner tonight.

Today, our day off, was spent up in the city. The daughter lives in a city without the IKEA table legs that she needed so she asked if we could get her a few things as we’ll be seeing her in the next month. So we headed in.

We ran some errands and found a shop going out of business, which seems to be happening a lot lately around here. So we left them some money and brought home a few things for the kitchen that Lauralea was after.

I stopped in at the cell provider and wanted to check out some other plans but they were not interested in that. There are big sales on right now with all the providers for new customers. My frustration is that being a loyal customer offers me none of these deals. So I am looking at becoming a customer at another cell provider. The whole system seems to be created to draw in new numbers but not to sustain the ones you have. Even customer service tends that way. They don’t have much for call-in assistance either. That’s just me with a cranky attitude.

By the time we got home I needed a nap, badly. So I did just that. :)

Now the skies have lit up beautifully and we are sitting here listening to some good classical music radio, typing our various notes and letters on our screens.

Tomorrow begins early. So I’ll bid you good night.

6 comments:

  1. That sunset looks lovely.

    Sounds to me like Canada is a lot like the UK, only with better scenery and fewer people. At least our cell phone providers have to work for their business, so it makes them a bit more competitive.

    Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my big problem with mobile providers is that I can tend to be loyal. I suppose that does cost me more in the ling run.

      But then flipping providers every year requires work. ;)

      Delete
    2. As we would say "flipping providers". ;-)

      I hate to move business around too, and am still paying the price.

      Hope your early start worked out OK.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Gaylene, like I say I don’t make the art I just take pictures of it. :-)

      Delete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.