Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Lemon Meringue Pie



Tonight Lauralea and I were invited over to a deck supper at a farm out here. The food was brought in by a chef who certainly knew his way around a smoker.

BBQ smoked ribs and chicken, beans, salads, roast potatoes, and on and on.

Then there was this lemon meringue pie. Now, for whatever reason I don’t like lemon meringue pie. I can’t remember when I stopped eating it but over the years Lauralea would try to make it and I was having none of it.

Until tonight. When what I can only describe as a mood overtook me, (it may have been from all that meat). I was in a mood to have a wee slice.

Well, it was nothing like I remember it to be. Fresh, tart and sweet, it was just good. I enjoyed it.

So now I have to rethink life WITH lemon meringue pie IN it. It’s almost an existential crisis trying to process this at 57. But it seems I do like it.

Now I have to work up the nerve to tell Herself. ;)



1 comment:

  1. LMP - the meringue is always too sweet, and meringe is never good in any circumstances. But if you have now discovered a fresh love then that's great.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.