1. Burn the trash in the burn barrel, on a beautiful, calm November afternoon.
2. Watch it until it's burned down to ashes.
3. Wait seven hours.
4. Get ready for bed.
5. Watch as the wind picks up.
6. Look out the window before you go off to bed.
7. See the wind pull burning embers up from the bottom of the barrel, and blow them towards the house.
Quite amazing thing to witness actually, but it wasn't as bad as the title sounds.
Lauralea caught it and I went out with a bucket of water and soaked what was left in the bottom of the barrel.Â
Don't know how I'd ever explain that to the church board.