Thursday, June 07, 2018

How To Save A (Little) Life

Being a child is not always an easy thing. Just like being a big person isn't easy.

The challenges the little ones face are just as big to them as our big person challenges are to us, though we don't always credit that to them.

Being rejected by those you thought might be your friends, struggling with a new change in your life or family, not always succeeding at the things you try, these all touch the little ones even as they touch us, older ones.

And they are just as big, if not bigger.

Think about it, we as big persons can hopefully learn ways to process our fears and failures. But the children are facing it all for the first time. Often they don't know which way to turn or what to do with the hurt inside and the tears that want to come.

I remember early fears and failures in my very young life. I would just try to absorb them because I didn't know what to do with them. I just didn't know.

I learned early that rejection really made me feel bad inside. And when I would fail at something, it felt like the world was collapsing on top of me, or that I wanted it to so that I could disappear.

Those feelings were all associated with fear, failure and rejection. What they could use in their small lives is the opposite, a constant of love.  Somebody bigger, older, and wiser who they know will love them for ever and for always. Knowing you are loved is a powerful medicine that can heal most anything. It. Gives. Life.

So if there are children (of all ages) in your life, and you love them, then tell them so. Especially when things seem hard. Knowing that someone loves you can help with all sorts of difficult, weird, and sad feelings. Being loved counteracts the strange bad feelings inside.


Peace and Love to you, and Jesus always loved the children best. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.