Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Mmmmmm. Cheeeeeese.

Cheese.

Its complex. It's simple.
You buy it for 100g a dollar.
Or you buy it for 100g for $10.00.

Well, mostly we DON'T buy it for 100g for $10.00.

But last Sunday, I don't know, maybe I was giddy from the falling rain. Maybe it was because it was payday. Or maybe it was because Lauralea begged me to get it, but I got it.

We bought 200 grams of this luscious stuff. Corsu Vecchiu.

Corsu Vecchiu is a French sheep’s milk cheese from the Mediterranean island of Corsica. It is an unpasteurized cheese that is semi-firm in texture and made into wheels that are approximately 3 to 5 pounds. It is aged for around 6 months and develops a rustic grey rind. Its pate is ivory colored with slight eye formation and dense in texture. Its flavor is rich, nutty and somewhat sweet with salty and rustic undertones.


Wow was it good. Smooth as soft candy.
But maybe thats as far as I'll go with the description.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.