Thursday, February 13, 2020

Reading delayed


One of my goals this year has been to do more reading, for work and pleasure. Unfortunately the most recent patch has been a bit busy and my reading corner needs dusting.

Busy.

Funny how that word means different things to different people. Some people can go go go and they still don’t feel busy enough. While others do a few things and then feel so busy.

While I have a resilient work ethic, I’ve worked hard to not be bound by those internal expectations, voices from my growing up years I expect.

So I try to live a balanced life. Work and play. Activity and rest. However some health things have kept me from being able to do all that I used to do. But the voices in my head continue to prod me forward. It ends up taking me more time to do what I used to do. I guess I have yet to find the new balance, so that I can have room in my life to reach such goals.

Always learning how to live I guess. But as I learn, either I need to start dusting my corner, or I need to use it more with a good book.



No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.