Thursday, June 25, 2020

Look Ma I got a tattoo!



Well, sort of. 


The other day I found a box of Shakespeare tattoos I had bought in Denver one summer when I was there for meetings. So last night I got one out and after my shower I applied the temporary tattoo to my right arm. I impressed Lauralea because I’m a bad boy now.


“Brevity is the soul of wit” it says. 


I know I know, that’s not a very pastoral thing to say. It’s true I know few preachers who can keep it short and sweet. Most of us do tend to go on a bit. Or at least we can if the needs arise.


Funny, I just realized I should’ve shown it at the town ministerial I went to at noon today. I wonder teasingly if they would’ve been more offended that I got a tattoo, or by what it says. :)


I have been hearing from some people that having preaching done online by video sure makes it easier to turn the preacher off when you’ve had enough. It does seem to be happening out there. So I challenge my preacher friends, how is our preaching going to change as a result of this season?


If there are lessons we can learn, perhaps we should.



1 comment:

  1. This post is almost a year old. In the end I solved the 'problem' of our church's online meeting being tedious by simply not watching any more. Chris got cross with me falling asleep and in the end it was easier just to stop altogether.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.